Until and unless you are attending a funeral or a formal wedding, jeans can be worn almost everywhere while looking classy. Here the main key is to wear a pair of grey, dark blue or black jeans without much wear and you can be safe. But the question is how to dress in jeans in a manner, which looks formal and none notices that you are actually wearing your favorite pair? Here are some tips on that:
- Wear a shirt and blazer: Nothing can be more formal than shirts. So, if you are comfortable with shirts then wear a shirt that you like with the blazer and therefore pair those with the favorite pair of jeans to get the look and feel of formal attire. But you must avoid poplin made fine dress shirts. To make the look complete, you can wear a tie and in case you are not comfortable, then you can also choose to put a handkerchief, folded casually in the chest pocket of the blazer. Don’t forget to tuck in the shirt even if you prefer to leave the shirt’s top button unbuttoned.
- Pair a blazer with your regular wear jeans: The simplest method of getting decked up while staying in your favorite pair of jeans is to pair it with a blazer. There is no requirement of wearing the top half of a tux or a good dinner jacket. Rather, it is better to dress down a little while you are wearing the blazer with jeans. So, you can opt for woolen blazers for this purpose.
In case you are doubtful about what to wear with the blazer, then there is no point in staying too far from the comfort zone. You can actually go for the tees that you normally wear. But you must avoid the washed down printed tees. In case you want to opt for some accessories, keep the number minimum. Matching belts, shoes and a quality watch are the things that you need here.
- Wear a tie: The third point is to button up your shirt and wear a tie in case you are ready to go all the way. This will need a delicate touch as the structure of the tie needs to be matched with the rest parts of the outfit. So, you can opt for a black woolen or knitted tie and avoid choosing something shiny. No matter how you choose to tie the knot of your tie, remember to keep things simple. You just have to put a little effort into things and everyone will notice.
Here are some other guidelines to follow:
- In case you want to wear jeans as formal attire, then choose the one, which fits you properly and doesn’t have any sag in the seat or crotch. The height of the pant must reach to the top of the back part of your shoe.
- For having a formal look and feel, avoid jeans with logos, rips, bleach spots, prints, jeweled or bedazzled pockets etc.
- To wear the jeans as formal attire, it is better to choose some specific shades like indigo as you can make this shade dressier. But at the same time, it is better to avoid black denim as it is just impossible to dress up this shade.
- The selection of belt means a lot in this case. So, it is better to choose thin belts as these look formal.
- Never wear white socks with jeans. Rather choose to wear a pair of snazzy dress socks with minimum one color.
- While pairing up a blazer with jeans, carefully choose the blazer. The best option is to throw on an unstructured blazer along with a white cotton shirt. Also make sure that the color of the blazer doesn’t match or comes close to the color of your jeans. A navy or sand option will look quite professional.