Bollywood celebrities are fond of showcasing their outfits and when it comes to formal or casual gatherings, they have the chance to flaunt their designer wardrobe. These celebrities are the trend setters for the general public and are treated as fashion icons by the youth of today. Whatever may be the type of attire they choose to wear, be it ethnic wear or modern dresses, it always hits the market in great demand. The love for ethnic wear has increased overseas and with the evolution of time, the mindset of people has drifted towards modernized ethnic wear. For this purpose, the fashion designers have come up with modernized salwar kameez that are flawlessly flaunted by our Bollywood celebs and also by their stalkers. A new fashion statement has hit the floor in great show and is sure to sway the old fashion styles.
Why choose Salwar Kameez
Indian women place their traditions and cultural values above everything. Ethnic wear is a must have in her wardrobe for every married lady be it saris, anarkalis, salwar kameez or any other ethnic attire. Among all of these salwar kameez is the most preferred due to the comfort and easy-to-wear attributes. In almost every state, customized salwar kameez are in great vogue among women. Not only among the married ones, but the salwar kameez is very popular among young girls too. Mixing up their modern outlook with traditional wear, they come up with something extraordinary and beautiful to wear in college, parties, functions, etc. Apart from Indian strata, women from international borders have also shown their love towards ethnic wear. This facilitated the need to set up online stores that offer variety of ethnic dresses like salwar kameez and saris.
Various styles to choose from
Fashion designers are always engaged in working upon new patterns and designs to bring out something new and unique for their clients and patrons. Their successful efforts have led to changing fashions and craving for a different style among the public every season. Bollywood divas always adorn a different look and stun the masses in following types of salwar kameez and similar traditional-modern outfits:
- Anarkali salwar kameez: A retro style which was in use at the time of Mughals and Nawabs has made its way in modern era too. In the recent years, new age Bollywood celebrities like Shraddha Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor, etc. have been seen dressed up in Anarkali salwar kameez to rock Punjabi cultural style. You can either opt for fully embroidered Anarkali kameez along with salwar or choose heavily embroidered ghera of Anarkali with right amount of embroidery and sufficient embellishments with plain top. Available in customized lengths, you can make right choice according to your height and taste. These Anarkali salwar kameez can be purchased from both online and offline market and are perfect to be worn at weddings, functions, festivals, etc.
- Patiala salwar kameez: These are the most common Bollywood celebrity salwar kameez that are worn by leading Bollywood actresses like Kareena Kapoor Khan in ‘Jab We Met’ and Kangana Ranaut in ‘Tanu weds Manu Returns’. They are the best and perfect as they are very comfortable and trendy dress form that blends perfectly modern outlook and tradition together. Originated in Punjab, Patiala salwar kameez are widely in use all over and usually require more cloth than other types of salwar kameez. A salwar carrying numerous pleats give an amazing look. These can be worn formally too when beautifully embroidered and embellished.
- Long shirts with salwar: Long shirts are very trendy and can be perfectly paired with palazzos, pajamas, pants, salwars, churidars, etc. Many Bollywood icons have been spotted wearing long shirts that are available in intricate patterns and beautiful thread work.
- Sharara salwar suit: Stylish yet simple, shararas are the love of many women. Asymmetrical lehenga type bottom is clubbed with straight cut kameez with lots of embellishments and great thread work to rock any occasion. Many Bollywood actresses are seen wearing shararas at social gatherings and events as they give look of lehenga and ensures comfort.
- Floral frock paired with salwar: Latest seasonal fashion among Bollywood celebs, actresses like Priyanka Chopra, Dia Mirza and Kareena Kapoor have adorned floral frock with salwar at various award functions and even in daily routine. Available in zari work, patch work, lace work, etc, these have been much in vogue.
- Short and medium or normal length kameez with salwar: Except from long or full length dresses, actresses also love to wear short or medium length kameez with salwars that also look exceptionally well. Though trend of short kameez is not new, yet it can work wonders and turn the heads with adequate work on it. Right amount of zari work, embroidery, gota work, patch work, lace work or border work on kameez with perfect palazzo, pants or salwar can work well for a gathering.
- Bollywood salwar suit: Fashion takes various twists and turns at the platform of Bollywood. Since fashion designers have observed that people follow the trends and fashion sense adopted by Bollywood stars, they have shown a great interest in introducing their new styles among Bollywood celebs rather than other models. Bollywood salwar suits have become viral among the masses and have worked perfectly well in creating replicas that are cherished by almost everyone.
- Palazzo suits: Originated in Pakistan, these palazzo salwar kameez have been widely accepted by the youngsters and fashion freaks. Recently introduced, these palazzos suits have swayed the market and are now paired with long kurtas, short shirts, Anarkalis and various other designer dresses. Deepika Padukone was also seen wearing palazzo with tops in Cocktail movie.
- Pakistani salwar suit: Pakistani suits have taken the market in last few months and are loved by the masses due to beautiful embroidery and unique embellishments.
- Pakistani Anarkalis: These traditional Pakistani Anarkalis showcase glamorous and classy touch. Women can look gorgeous and charming in these Anarkalis at parties, wedding or other social gatherings.
- Straight-cut salwar kameez: Worn in festivals, ceremonies, and receptions or even casually, these are mostly manufactured in basic fabrics but embellished with complex embroideries and works to give that formal and classy look.
- Party wear salwar suits: Trendy, fashionable, heavily embroidered or lightly embroidered party wear salwar suits are available with many fashion designers showcasing unique and intricate designs that attract the eyes of every woman.
- Jacket style kameez with salwar: Jacket style kameez have been in great fashion. Worn by Drashti Dhami in various TV serials, these give perfect traditional and modern look when paired with churidar or Patiala salwar or plain salwars.
- Fully embroidered Anarkali salwar suits: Indian fashion designers offer fully embroidered choli of embellished Anarkalis that look perfect for grand occasion, giving you a unique style statement.
- Middle-cut Anarkali kameez with salwar: Middle-cut or princess-cut Anarkali kameez with salwar gives you magnificent look when embellished with cut work or beautiful embroidery. These middle-cuts add to the modern fashion and traditional outlook as well.
- A-line kameez with salwar: A-line suits have been much in trend, with less flare than Anarkali; these suits are perfect for formal as well as casual gatherings. Heavy embellishments work well for grand occasions and plain prints are best suited for casual wear.
- Indo-western salwar kameez: Designers have put in great efforts to infuse Indian culture with western outlook and have succeeded successfully in bringing up customized salwar kameez to suit the tastes and preferences of modern women.
- Fish-cut kameez with salwar: Many famous Bollywood celebs have been seen wearing fish cut kameez which has become very famous in recent times and gives unique and astonishing look to the wearer.
- Kurta style kameez with salwar: The most simple and comfortable type of kameez is kurta style which is soothing for summers and suits every type of figure, be it curvy or lean. Recently, Juhi Chawla was spotted flaunting the kurta style kameez.
- Embroidered pant style salwar kameez: Embroidered pants are in fashion along with kameez to give that perfect traditional outlook. Kareena Kapoor Khan was seen wearing white embroidered pant salwar kameez specifically designed by Farz Manan in a recent social gathering.
Thus, old traditional salwar kameez has much to offer today. Available in various styles, vibrant colours and stunningly designed by the best fashion designers, they are desired and worn by top Bollywood celebs of today.