India is believed to be the land of festivals as it features people from various religious groups. Each of these festivals is celebrated with great pomp and show. Diwali is one such festival auspiciously celebrated by the Hindus and followers of other religions. Besides cleaning of homes and places of work, people adorn themselves with bright and glamorous outfits to add to the charm of the festival. They also show their excitement by exchanging gifts, lightening candles, diyas and lamps. The craze for card parties and other social gatherings call for the need to have stunning and alluring attires to attract the eyes of the masses.
With the evolution of time, designers have come up with various stitching styles and patterns to suit the tastes and preferences of latest generation as well as the people from other age groups. The need and want of wearing something unique and different has been constantly raging. On the festival occasions too, people wear traditional, contemporary, Indo-western and other styles that become the trend setters of the season. More the choices, difficult will be to make a perfect decision. So, you need a perfect guide for making the best choice that will suit you and help you outshine the others in a get-together.
Guidelines for Making the Correct Choice
Following tips will help you in selecting the right outfit for your Diwali event:
- Sophisticated traditional look: Many household women favor the traditional look of graceful sarees preferably green or red in color, adorning themselves with gold ornaments comprising of choker, danglers and bangles, pleasant smelling gajra on neatly tied bun and a bold red bindi. Since sarees are available in various prints and fabrics, you can make the choice according to your taste. Brocade and silk is much in vogue that completely sets the festive mood.
- The Bright Appearance: The bright colors look marvelous on this auspicious occasion. To garner compliments from your friends and relatives, you can choose wearing striking colors like violet, tangerine, red, and fuchsia and so on. An Anarkali, sari or lehenga in any of these bright shades are an addition to your Diwali appearance. To see and to be seen at an advantage, a bright colored lehenga adorned with a brocade border can be an ideal choice. Worn with a light embroidered dupatta, this lehenga will help you remain vibrant, lively and ever progressing. To create a somewhat unique look for yourself, you can also accessorize your lehenga with kamar bandhs or chandelier earrings. Even traditional colors like pink, green and orange accessorized with gold embroidery works well to give stunning and festive look this Diwali.
- Attractive Anarkali Look: People are fashion loving. They want change, variety, attraction and novelty. In order to be smart, attractive, charming and up-to-date, they need to adopt different fashions at different times, places and occasions. There are many styles of Anarkalis that can be chosen to grace the event. From traditional Anarkali suits worn with a pair of leggings to designer long and flowy Anarkali gowns; you can go with something that you are comfortable with when it comes to dressing for this Diwali season. When talked about traditional outfits for any occasion, Anarkalis have always been in vogue. But soon they are replaced by skirts and long flowy Anarkali gowns which add a touch of class to your traditional look. Teamed up with chic jewelry and light make-up, these Anarkalis come in a variety of styles and designs. Choose the one which makes you stand out from the crowd. If your Anarkali is bold and heavy on print, consider wearing a bracelet and or a pair of earrings to keep it simple.
- Elegant Patiala Suits: Traditional and stylish Patiala suit is another perfect outfit for Diwali event. Everyday new styles and fashions are being created. A salwar kameez in a Patiala style is a preferable choice at home poojas for Diwali event. Characterized by fall of pleats, Patiala salwar is also known as shahi salwar, worn by people on occasions, festivals or any other events. It is a perfect alternative to the traditional salwar suit. Worn with different styles of shirts, Patiala salwars look stunning with short shirts. Go for bright and contrasting colors to make your Patiala dress look festive and eye-catching. Since Diwali is a festival of lights and happiness, make sure that you are comfortable in your attire. Paired with traditional jewelry, Patiala salwar kameez is the perfect choice as far as comfort is concerned.
- Modern Twist Look: Trends and fashion change rapidly than the weather. They change according to likes, dislikes and tastes of the people in the society. Change and variety is the other name of fashion. People never like to be labeled as old-fashioned or out-of-date. For them to be in current trend and vogue is to remain updated. They chase modern twist look. Fusion of Indian and western wear is what we call modern twist look. To attain an ethnic wear look, maxi dresses and gowns are adorned with Indian traditional embroidery and lehengas are worn with crop tops instead of short blouses. These trends are likely to take a new start and will grow exponentially. Saree is one outfit which looks tremendously beautiful and attractive at weddings and for festive events. The traditional saree when worn with a sexy-cut choli can help you have that glamorous modern look. To add charisma and grandeur to your outfit, opt for velvet. To impart a modern touch to your outfit, go for indo-western fusion dresses.
Diwali is all about festive meals and family gatherings. Apart from getting your house white-washed and cleaned, flaunt your best traditional or contemporary outfit among your friends and relatives. The craze for festivities doubles up by adding such charming outfits to your wardrobe. So, choose your favorite designs and approach the best designers to showcase the perfect diva look at the auspicious festival of Diwali. Seek the blessings of Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha in those perfect attires.