India is the largest democracy in the world, thus, it is a nation where people from diverse religious backgrounds, cultures, regions and varied ethical backgrounds live and celebrate together. Consequently, many festivals are celebrated with great enthusiasm and thrill all around the country. The land of festivals has much to offer throughout the year and in every season. Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims, Christians, Jains, Buddhists and people from other religions celebrate festivals like Diwali, Gurupurab, Christmas, Mahaveer Jayanti, Vesak, etc. Besides these, festivals can also be grouped on the basis of regions and for all these festivals, people dress themselves in special attires that set them apart and create the feeling of holiness among them.
Everyone eagerly waits throughout the year for the festivities and celebrations. In the hustle bustle of prayers and following other traditional norms, modern day people never skip the chance to get dressed and styled in the most appealing apparels and attires. The trend of wearing and adorning designer wear on these auspicious occasions has been all the more hyped since new designers and trend setters have taken up the challenge of presenting their ideas in the most amazing manner.
Fashion is a fast-changing world and trends are always evolving and making a comeback. However, if people had to pick trends, which they think will remain timeless are stripes, dots and florals. These are the classic trends which will always stay in vogue. In this competitive world where everyone is searching for some interesting stuff or outfit, here are certain stylish outfit ideas which can help you in your smart festive look.
- Select Different Fabrics for Ethnic Wear: While choosing salwar suit, lehenga, anarkali or kurti, select fabric that goes best with your festive season. Seasons play a major role here. In winters, you can opt for rayon, cotton, khadi, velvet and other different fabrics for different types of saris, lehengas and salwar suits. However, in summers lighter versions like chiffon, georgette and cotton are preferable choices. Experiment with different fabrics which you have not tried till date. This festive season, you can also dress in georgette and net anarkalis for maximum twirl and flare. This way you will come to know more about the quality perception and the styles of the fabric.
- Try Quirky Lengths With Festive Wear: It is very important that the outfit you choose must be suitable to your body shape. Whether you are lean or chubby, tall or petite, there is a wide variety of festive wear collection offering amazing ways to deal with your body shape. At the time of festivals, try salwar suits, anarkalis and kurtis with quirky lengths to leave the masses with astonishing gaze. Women mostly prefer three types of lengths – short, medium or floor length with various types of cuts. In order to add appeal to your apparel, adorn classy worked traditional pieces.
- When in doubt, take a saree out: If you are wishing to get that perfect diva look, try this three piece which leaves glam to the beauty of the wearer. Available in various styles, sarees never go out of trend. In fact, you should certainly consider investing in heritage sarees that never go out of trend and your ensemble should also reflect your cultural traditions. With the evolution of time, people prefer to wear something unique and different. So, designers have come up with lehenga style sarees, half and half sarees, sarees in different fabrics and prints with unique and sexy blouses to add to their overall grace. Be the show-stopper by adorning your sarees with kalamkari or phulkari. These two traditional works are set to capture the Indian ethnic market.
- Lehengas with Designer Blouse Designs: On special occasions like Navratri or Dandiya nights, people try different options to enhance their looks. They always wish to look elegant in their outfit. For stylish look, you can pair your straight cut lehenga or long skirt with designer blouses. Adorned with intricate material like beads, golden bootis, mirrors, designer blouses can be available online in vivid colors and styles. Lehengas embellished with mirror work and embroidery look stunning when accessorized with chokers, neckpieces and contemporary jewelry.
- Different Accessories and Styles: The thirst for fashion is insatiable. Everyday there are changes in dresses, hair styles, jewelry, manners, etc. People like originality but also imitation. Only a few can be original. Films, magazines and fashion shows leave a lot of impact on the masses. They try to follow their fashion icon and this generates the fall and rise of various styles of fashion. For example, Jacqueline Fernandez multihued jacket lehenga, cape style saree of Sonam Kapoor, Indian ethnic gown of Kareena Kapoor and the beautiful way in which Nikhil Thampi showcased the collection of sarees is worth admiring and watching. Certainly, you would like to adapt any one of their styles of either pant style saree or extra short blouse with stylish lehenga to avoid being labeled as old-fashioned.
- Experiment with Colors: Selection of right colors is important before you buy an outfit for yourself or get it tailored from a designer. In order to look appealing, colors need to be focused parallel to the designing of the clothes as colors shower light in our lives. This summer festive season, you can try hot chic and preppy colors like glaring orange, silky Marsala, sunny yellow, violet and magenta, rusty orange during winters. Furthermore, with embroidered border and intricate tailoring, these colors will have no match from your current dressing styles.
- Eye-pleasing Make-up: Most of the time women tend to overdo the make-up with their ethnic wear. Adorned with excessive jewelry and heavy embroidered outfit, they need to keep their make-up simple. Sometimes, under immense time pressure they rush through with their hairdo and make-up that does not suit their style and personality. Specific festivals require specific make-up kits. You need to avoid extra glows and liners during festive moments. For instance, at the time of Durga Puja, you need to make artistic use of eye makeup and for Eid use of eye liner and eye shadow can do the wonders.
Thus, you can rock any festivity or social gatherings nearing festivals with above mentioned tips and styles. Wish you happy festive season.