Nowadays, the young and talented fashion designers are putting every bit of their efforts to infuse modern blend with traditional ethnic wear sarees. The fancier look of sarees can be variedly represented by its buoyant draping styles that stylish women and designers have introduced into the picture. New silhouettes and cuts have been bloomed from ethnic culture by aspiring fashion saree designers. Not only this, multiplicity in saree draping styles has added to the glam bringing royalty and elegance for the wearer at the occasion.
Craze for western blend in sarees
During primitive times, sarees were accepted and worn as they appeared in the market. It defined simplicity and traditional outlook of a lady. But with the evolution of time, women demand something different and unique without letting go the ethnic touch of the sarees. This created urge among the fashion designers to try something innovative with various fabrics, designs, threads, etc. and set a new trend for the market. As the designer pieces fled the markets, their demand increased enormously and today every lady desires to possess a designer saree to hit the floor on any occasion.
Draping style too matters
Draping a saree is an art that demands perfection from those having an eternal love for sarees. A simple and bright piece of saree can work wonders if nicely and flawlessly draped. To give that extra ordinary look to a traditional saree, all you can do is change its draping style and you are ready to turn the heads of masses and steal the show. Various draping styles have come into the picture to flaunt your unique, stylish and fashionable statement. Mastering the know-how of draping a saree in assorted ways will leave your stalkers awestruck and marvel at your styling ways.
Sonam Kapoor: Goddess of Bollywood fashion industry
Today everyone has some style icon and in terms of fashionable clothing, Sonam Kapoor is the latest hot, chic lady, who is greatly admired by most fashion designers and stylists. Her unconventional fashionable intellect is what is greatly talked about in the fashion industry and among ordinary women too. She has been an inspiration and forger for the world of fashion. Whenever Sonam garbed a saree, she has dazed and astounded all of us with her styling techniques fusing in perfect Indo-western look.
Sonam always stands out with her picks, be it Indian ethnic or Indo-western attire. Her agile body and stunning looks add to the charm and beauty of her designer sarees. For this reason, people talk more about her fashion sense than her acting skills. Her personalized and customized ways of showcasing her damsel looks and experimental add-ons have made her a favorite among many fashion designers like Payal Singhal, Anamika Khanna, Manish Malhotra, etc. Sonam Kapoor is believed to be blessed with a ravishing fashion sense from her mother and so she never fails to show up her elegance in the chicest way by wearing a simple accessory with heavy blouse or dress.
Different ways of saree draping
Here are some saree draping styles that you would definitely wish to steal from Sonam Kapoor:
- Disheveled gown like saree: During Cannes Festival, 2015, Sonam adorned a pink saree for press junkets and appeared an absolute diva in the designer piece by Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla saree. Her excellent fashion sagacity could be judged when she paired it with a pure laser cut blouse. She became the trend setter, adding charisma to her saree by wearing the exact ear pieces that well suited the attire.
- Off shoulder saree blouse: At the time of her visit to Delhi for the launch of celeb’s make-up artist, Ambika Pillai’s venture “Style Loft”, Sonam adorned a pretty, lacy saree designed by Shehla Khan, along with an off-shoulder blouse that did perfect justice to the apparel look. It was a perfect blend of western and traditional outlook.
- Double pallu saree: Sonam made an exceptional statement and left everyone awestruck when she wore a double pallu saree designed by Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla, during the promotions of her film Neerja. She seemed to have taken the responsibility of turning the taste of global fashion into a desi one. Her elegant draping styles have stunned the masses.
- Long Angrakha jacket with saree: During the promotions of her movie, ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’, Sonam Kapoor was seen carrying a long angrakha jacket over her saree designed by Rahul Mishra in Kapil Sharma’s show. Though it was not easy to pull off such a drapery, yet she carried it effortlessly and freaking out the stunners and stalkers with her dazzling jhumkis and absolutely gorgeous finger ring.
- Ultra modern fabrics at Cannes: Like every year, this year too, at Cannes Festival 2016, Sonam had hit the floor with an irresistible blue-black saree perfectly designed by Indian designer Rimzim Dadu. Media and her fans were left in awe at the glance of bold color combinations of the saree and blouse. Risk lover, she bluntly tries new and innovative fashion and never disappoints her fans. Her molten wire saree accessorized with perfect black peep toes, enchanting ear pieces and subtle pink lip color astounded her look.
- Dhoti drape spruced up with a cape: Showered with accolades at the Cannes festival of 2014, Sonam flaunted a pastel colored saree, designed by Anamika Khanna, which supported a dhoti along with sheer cape that added five stars to her stunning looks. She stole the show and gave the twist to her look by wearing a choker designed by her mother, Sunita Kapoor.
- Plain hues with chic front zip blouse: Sonam astonished by her way of carrying a plain beige saree from a casual wardrobe and adding a complete modern look to it with a chic front zipped blouse. With this look, she flaunted her sense of fashion and turning a simple piece into a head turning attire.
- Blouse with single shoulder and plain drape saree: This damsel chose heavy floral embroidered, single shouldered blouse along with a plain saree designed by Payal Singhal, to wear on the famous talk show ‘Front Row with Anupama Chopra’. She completed her look with classy silver earrings and bestowed herself with perfect Indo-western look.
With her breath-taking avatars and sartorial choice, Sonam Kapoor has rocked her fame and name in fashion industry, especially with sarees and draperies. Winning many hearts all over, she has been a real youth style icon that has faced all the controversies bravely and introduced India to a world of new fashion sense.