In today’s modern world, people are heading for western clothing and styles, but the relevance and elegance of ethnic wear is something which is beyond comparison; its sublime beauty cannot be just ignored. Ethnic dresses are always alluring and bring fresh change to the usual western dressing. They add to the effortless beauty and eternal sophistication to the personality of the person. From summer cool colourful kurta and Patiala to boho chic long skirts, from the so-hyped anarkalis to the A-line suits and saris in rich vibrant colours, all will help you vary your style from chic uptown girl to a desi belle on weekly basis.
Importance of ethnic in today’s time
- These days, the demand for stunning and trendy Indian ethnic wear noticeably amplified as the trend setters and well known fashion designers from round the globe revolutionized the customized clothing and women dresses to suit the tastes of modern women.
- Nowadays, most women desire to have redesigned and tailored ethnic dresses that are stylish, graceful and in vogue. In primitive times, ethnic wear was already a part of every Indian woman’s wardrobe, but it has been hyped in the recent past as they are the most versatile piece of clothing for women. Besides being stylish and fashionable, they can be paired with every type of accessory.
- Unique personality of the wearer is highlighted by these readymade ethnic clothes. Be it big-wig celebrity or a fashion icon or an ordinary person, the magnificent personality booms out by wearing saris in both ordinary events and special functions.
- The necessity of ethnic wear can be traced to its versatility in terms of seasons and styles. If you think that your ethnic piece is made only for a particular season, say winter, then you may be wrong as these days, the most preferred material for making ethnic designer wears is cotton or net, that best suits all the seasons of the year. Also, the cut and design for re-innovation of your ethnic wear can be best suited with slacks or leggings. So, you wouldn’t mind wearing them on casual occasions as well.
- You can invest in kurtis, lehenga cholis, saris, etc. which can be worn even after long time if handled with utmost care. Available in various prices and material types, these are affordable and available online also. Thus, the hassle of going to the store to select one is eliminated.
Now, you may be convinced to update your wardrobe with latest, trendy, fashionable and customized ethnic wear. But it may be a tough choice to make when you are flooded with exquisite variety of ethnic pieces and most of the ladies end up hoarding clothes like nobody’s business and finally push them into dark abyss of all the rejected things.
In order to avoid such reckless buying, here are some essentials from among umpteen clothes to look chic and get that perfect ethnic gaze. But before that, you need to decide the occasion or place where you want to wear your ethnic dress which may be your office, college, wedding, festivals, etc.
Must have Essentials to Jazz up your Style Statement
- Versatile heavy embroidered dupatta: The first and foremost must have for your wardrobe is heavily embroidered dupatta or the one equipped with patch-work. This one can work wonders with single coloured salwar kameez or harem or as a shawl with beautiful sari. These colourful dupattas add to the style quotient of any salwar suit. Indian textiles proffer you with array of options to choose from, some of which can be Phulkari, Chanderi silk, Bandhani, Leheriya or Kutchi. Though expensive, they are worth it and can be bought at the state shops promoting Indian crafts or ethnic exhibitions.
- Comfy and flattering kurtas: Kurtas are in great vogue. Available in various fabrics and styles, these can be paired with churidars, pants, salwars or jeans. At times, you may wish to go out of the routine of wearing halters and cut designer tops, kurtas are sure to make you feel comfortable and confident both at your home and place of work. These can be customized on the basis of your taste, i.e. A-line or straight, long or knee length or short, full-sleeve or 3/4th sleeve or half-sleeve or cut-sleeve, cotton or linen or chikankari or Kashmiri.
- Black/ golden/ silver sequin blouse: Sequin work is in great fashion and these colour blouses will go with almost any colour sari you wish to purchase. Even if you plan to borrow a sari from your mom or friend, any of the three blouses will perfectly blend with your choice of sari. You may choose light-dark scheme or contrasting colours or monochromatic colours to rock the ethnic outfit. The variations can be made in terms of neckline (V-neck, backless, deep round neck, etc.) or sleeve length if you get them stitched.
- Basic leggings: Leggings are saviour from all the tailoring hassles as these are readily available in all the colours and fit well with your kurtas and suits. The trouble of going to the tailor to get the churidar stitched that too had uncomfortable fitting. You can begin to choose from basic colours like white, black or brown and then head to uncommon colours.
- Multi-purpose Patiala salwar: Patiala salwars have been common to the people long ago but their familiarity among the young girls increased after watching Kareena Kapoor in Jab We Met and Bodyguard. A bright Patiala salwar can go well with your plain tees, tunics, short kurtas, long shirts, etc. Moreover, these salwars offer more room and are the most preferred ones during summers to avoid the sticky stuff of slacks or leggings.
- Ethnic long skirts: These skirts look fabulous if worn in right manner. The waist band must lie right below the belly button and this ethnic wear must be paired with ethnic short top or broad neck kurtas along with perfect accessory. They serve as the perfect ethnic piece for those who don’t wish to dress up in modern wear and still look stylish. The choice of the stuff of these skirts should be made according to the occasion in which these are to be flaunted.
- Pair of Punjabi Juttis: To add the zing to your attire, you can slip into the magic of sparkling and flamboyant varieties of Kolhapuris or Punjabi Juttis and hit the street with style. Besides this, these provide you with cultural and ethnic look.
- Colourful bangles and jhumkis: You can pair up your attire with beautiful and colourful bangles along with silver or coloured jhumkis that add to the charm of your ethnic wear. The beauty of Indian wear resides in its jewellery as well.
Besides these, you can add up ethnic clutch, iconic stole, colourful palazzos or signature lehenga to your wardrobe. These essentials can make your wardrobe a ready-to-go for any ethnic wear at any occasion.